Friday, July 24, 2009

Time Out



There are few shows that bring together people of different backgrounds, different ethnicity, different political views, and different methods of telling time? But Big Brother is always pushing the envelope. This has to be scripted right? Please, tell me the show is scripted. Anyone? Come on, no one can be this dumb. I mean sure, if this was a 14 year old..no, a 10 year...scratch that...a 6 year old may have the same amount of difficulty deciphering time as Jordan does in this clip. My favorite is that Jordan admits that she "can't tell time on a clock." Yet, her major problem is math and people telling her the time in unusual ways, such as "a quarter to." At some point the "I'm a hot blondie" act has to be accompanied by some sort of intellect. The fact that a guy in a black wife beater and crooked UCLA hat is the pseudo teacher is even scarier. Although I do give him credit being patient. I know if I was the one to explain this new way of telling time to her I wouldn't have gotten past her answer of what 60 divided by 4. Most likely I would have explained how she should give up and just get a Casio wristwatch.

What is even more amazing about Jordan is that, later in the show, she led a group debate on Barak Obama's heath care plan and the governments emphasis on dramatically and quickly increasing the number of people who have health insurance by spending significant money upfront. However, realising the "dumb blond" stereotype she vowed to live up to, Jordan asked producers to leave that scene on the cutting room floor.

*Update* Just got a call from an editor at Random House confirming that Jordan has just signed a deal to pen her memoirs, which is tentatively titled Jordan Lloyd: Memoirs I can't Remember.

No comments: