Thursday, May 21, 2009

Paper Clips

After posting on the NBA lottery below, I went home last night and started to think of who I would want the Knicks to draft. I still don't know. But it led me to start thinking of the draft over all. The conclusion of my interrupted thoughts (interrupted by back-to-back-to-back homers by Swisherlicious, Cano and the Melk Man delayed rational ideas about the draft) was that there is a high probability that the Paper Clips will screw up the #1 pick. I had thought that there was no way a team could pass on a talent such as Blake's, but after pondering, and important detail came to light that I should have recognized earlier. The LA Clippers ownership and front office are just...friggin....terrible. How else do you explain trading for Z-Bo? My feelings on why they should draft Griffin (see below) will stay the same. However, the percentage of the Clips drafting Blake has dropped, while the percentage of the botching this pick has skyrocketed. More on the NBA Draft down the road.

****UPDATE****

Well it seems that I should look at the internet more. Accorning to SI.com the Clippers new they would suck back in 2008 and are intending on drafting Oklahoma stud Blake Griffin. Smoke screen? Only time will tell.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/05/20/griffin.clippers.ap/index.html

No comments: