Thursday, December 11, 2008

Manny Loves His Playstation

Now that Manny Ramirez has been off of the Red Sox for some time now I can honestly say that he - Manny F'n Ramirez as I used to say - is one of the goofiest people I have ever read about. I will not bore you with the details of what is common knowledge. I know, Manny being Manny; water bottles in his back pocket, headphones built into his sunglasses, mid-inning call to the bowl-pen. (I was actually thinking about what reaction I would have if I was working the scoreboard at Fenwey, when Manny pops through the tiny door. I would have probably seen him approaching but still, how do you brace for him having to take a whizz while the game is about to start? AND, how big do you think the bathroom back there is? Anyway...)

Manny's latest ploy for the dollars and a 4 or 5 year deal is to threaten retirement. Besides the fact that its absolutely ludicrous to think a 6 months ago he forced his way off of the Red Sox because he wanted a longer deal with more money, Manny's newest boast is hysterical on so many levels. You can almost hear what the GM's are thinking, ' Uh, OK Manny. At least we wont have to worry about you going to a team in our division.' Manny doesn't realize that you don't threaten retirement when you are unemployed. You need to threaten while there is time left on your contract to re-negotiate.

The gem of this entire story lets us know that pressure will never get to Manny. (This comes from a Winter Meetings "source" so, take it for what its worth.)

Ramirez told a friend that he spends most of his time working out, watching cartoons and playing video games.

Manny just makes me laugh.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/manny-feels-ign.html

No comments: